Saturday, October 01, 2005

Can you trust you newspaper?

I've kind of been on a roll lately with posts that paint the media in a negative light. Well, here's another interesting "story" (HT: Instapundit). While I think the media is very important (I still get the majority of my news from traditional sources), it's really scary how easily a story can be "spun", or context can be altered, in order to support a particular viewpoint. (sounds a lot like GOSSIP!) I guess that's why I find these "story behind the story" cases so interesting.

This quote sums it up pretty well...
"Such tactics -- in the no-man's-land between ethical and unethical -- are
commonplace in the media, and have been for decades. It is only now, with the
advent of citizen journalism, that we can at last begin to see the whole story
and realize that the public has been manipulated like this all along. "

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home