Friday, November 04, 2005

Ducks vs. Cal

I haven't had much time for posting on "BlogDog" over the past couple weeks... life comes at you fast when you're raising 3 young children. But, I've always got some time for saying a thing or two about the Ducks.

Tomorrow, we user in a new era of Duck Football. The Clemens reign is behind us, and the Dixon reign begins. It's a tough time to have to make this transition, but hey, at least we had the bye week! I think Dennis will be able to run the "option" portion of the offense pretty well, but I'm not so sure he's quite the passing QB that we had in Clemens. I hope that I'm wrong, as the Ducks have a stable full of great receivers. But I guess they've got a number of good RB's as well. I guess that's what it boils down too... the Ducks have a lot of talent, but can the coaching staff put together a game plan that will produce yards and points-on-the-board. Will Dennis Dixon emerge as a leader (that we lost when Clemen's ankle snapped) that can motivate the offense to execute that game plan? We'll find out Saturday.

As far this being a top-10 football team... I'm a bit skeptical. They did not manhandle Arizona like they should have. They did in the 1st quarter of the game, but then they became complacent and let Arizona to the manhandling. That tells me that they don't have what it takes to be considered an elite college football team. This game will really be a telling time... will they, with the player-leadership change, make a turn upwards toward the top? Let's hope that they do exactly that.

Here's the schedule for the Pac 10 games tomorrow, with odds:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home