Friday, October 07, 2005

Did you catch the President's speech?

I bet you didn't even know that President Bush gave a major speech on the GWOT yesterday... I know that I didn't. Thanks to the guys at PowerlineBlog for the writeup.

I loved this quote. It goes right along with the theme I've been driving at here for the last week or so:
People used to talk about the Presidency as a "bully pulpit," but I think one lesson of the Bush years is that the President's ability to communicate effectively with the American people, outside of the context of an election campaign, is limited. The real "bully pulpit" belongs to the mainstream press, which is just about unanimously devoted to undermining the President's effort to communicate with, and thereby lead, the American people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home